NORTH EAST ENGLAND The United Kingdom premiere of Something Like Summer is a special festival presentation and charitable fundraiser on November 23 at 7 p.m. at Teesside University in Middlesbrough in the North East of England.
“We’ve been working on this screening for a few months,” writer-producer Carlos Pedraza said, “and are proud to work with Teesside University to finally bring Something Like Summer to the U.K., and to help Hart Gables, a charity that supports LGBT youth in that part of England.”
The screening is sponsored by the university’s School of Computing, Media & the Arts. Tickets are likely to go fast, so get yours now.
The screening is a special presentation to benefit Hart Gables, which offers services to LGBT youth, including:
- Support groups catering to each element of LGBT, including a group called T-Time focusing on transgender needs and issues.
- One-to-one support in a safe, confidential space.
- Advocacy offering assistance including courses of action and referrals, as well as support through appointments and meetings.
- Support for victims of domestic abuse and violence. Hart Gables offers many support services to victims of abuse.
- Hate crime reporting
- Sexual Health Advice and Condom Distribution